https://email@example.com 0 0 Rebecca Yates https://firstname.lastname@example.org Rebecca Yates2016-12-06 09:00:492017-12-13 14:14:45Five changes you may want to make on your insurance when you retire.
Five changes you may want to make on your insurance when you retire.
Retirement is an exciting time in life. Typically, it also means you are living on a fixed income. There a few insurance adjustments you might want to look into, they can save you money and also increase your coverage where needed.
- Ask about car insurance discounts and coverage. Not commuting for work and driving fewer miles could save you money by reducing your rates.
- Check into your home owner’s policy. Often times insurance companies offer a discount for retirees due to the fact that retires are at home more often.
- Take a look at your life insurance. If your house is paid off and your kids are grown and you have saved enough funds to support you and your spouse, you may no longer need life insurance.
- Be sure to sign up for Medicare, the federal governments health insurance program for people 65 years of age and older. You can sign up starting three months before your 65th
- Save money for long-term care or purchase a long-term care insurance policy. In many cases, Medicare won’t cover what you might need in the future in terms of daily care, or other tasks that you may need assistance with.