Here are the types of information we gather
• Information You Give Us: Information we receive from you and your family members on applications or questionnaires, such as occupation, current employer, income, address, dates of birth, and social security number. We receive and store any information you enter on our web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests and communicating with you.
• Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or previous insurers; such as your policy coverage, claim information, premiums and payment history.
• Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses ark-ins.com.
• E-mail Communications: To help us make e-mails more useful and interesting, we often receive a confirmation when you open e-mail from ark-ins.com if your computer supports such capabilities. If you do not want to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please e-mail us and ask to be removed from our e-mail list.
• Cookies: Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. However, cookies allow you to take full advantage of some of ark-ins.com ’s best features, and we recommend that you leave them turned on.
Business Transfers: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell or buy business units. In such transactions, customer information generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, the customer consents otherwise). Also, in the unlikely event that ark-ins.com, or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will of course be one of the transferred assets.
Protection of ark-ins.com and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Conditions of Use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of ark-ins.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Does Ark-ins.com Share the Information It Receives?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below.
Agents: We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), and providing customer service. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Information We Disclose: We do not disclose any nonpublic personal financial and health information about our clients or former clients to anyone, except for the purposes of placing your insurance coverage(s) and as otherwise permitted by law. For example, we may disclose nonpublic personal financial and/or health information about you and your family to market your insurance coverage directly with insurers and providers.
Information Security: We restrict access to nonpublic personal, financial, and health information about you and your family to those who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal and state regulations to guard your nonpublic personal, financial, and health information and that of your employees.
Producer Compensation Disclosure: Compensation includes commission, fees, awards, overrides, bonuses, contingent commissions, loans, stock options, gifts, prizes, or any other form of valuable consideration. Broker compensation includes commission and/or bonuses.
Consulting agents, in addition to any consulting fees, may also receive the compensation stated above.